Monday, April 6, 2009

(Credits for this digi can be found here.)

I posted this on my "regular" blog as well, but I thought it so appropriate to post it here as well. It's a really honest look at how I'd been feeling about my weight issues. Of course, I made this decision to make a change back in January. But this is how I was feeling.

So, how's it been going? Very well!

The only thing that I want to be careful of is that my original intent this year was to make a change in my lifestyle. And if that resulted in weight loss (which it couldn't help but do), then great. But I didn't want to be "on a diet" or make my focus purely weight loss. And I do want to keep that in mind, because I think that may help my past obsessions with that subject keep at bay.

Having said that, I am really LOVING having this weight begin to come off. I'm loving having more energy. I have FINALLY finally begun to work out (thanks to Wii dance dance revolution!). That was just so hard to begin, but the Wii stuff has jump-started my desire to get moving again. I averaged about 5 days of week of working out in March!

Unfortunately, the activity has also woken up the arthritis in my "real" hip (the one that has NOT been replaced). I'm having to take lots of "vitamin i", as I call it (ibuprofen) in order to be able to walk, dance and sleep at night. But I'm really hopeful that as more weight comes off, that will ease up.

I want to step up my walking to more than just the driveway walk now. (Hey, my driveway is a quarter mile one way, ya know!). :) I want to start doing a mile this month. And I'm adding in weight training now. And some abs. And I'd like to do a little pilates or yoga as well. But, if all else fails, I absolutely LOVE love dancing. And it totally brings up my heart rate and makes me sweat. So, I'm okay with that!

So, here's my stats as of this a.m.:
WEIGHT LOST THIS WEEK: 1.5 lbs.
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST: 14.5 lbs.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment