Monday, February 23, 2009

Starting again...

It's been two weeks. A lot has happened. I was already having a bit of a difficult week, and then was going away for the weekend. But that weekend came to an abrupt halt when we got the call that my nephew had died in a house fire. So, no weigh-in last week. No time to get groceries and think sensibly about my eating. I did think about it. But I gave in to cookies and lunch meat and the various tasty but unhealthy casseroles that are so graciously delivered at times like these. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty at the scale this morning. And it wasn't. I gained 3 pounds in two weeks.

But, I feel ready to get back in control of my eating. Ready to track my meals and water and ready to get back to taking a stab at exercising. I don't hate myself. I'm going to love myself by being kind and understanding and encouraging. It's okay self. You had an unusually hard week. Everyone does now and then. You can re-focus.

I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment