Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to it

I'm revitalized, refreshed, renewed. My computer has been down. (And it is also now revitalized, refreshed and renewed! Heh!) I've been away.

I was away over the weekend - having a GREAT time with my Fashionista buddies - and I got back at 2:30 this a.m.

TODAY'S WEIGH-IN:
I re-gained a pound.

I'm okay with it. I was faced with a LOT of temptation this weekend. I found myself unconsciously eating stuff I "shouldn't" have. And I found myself consciously eating stuff I "shouldn't" have as well! I have more problem with the 1st than the 2nd. And then there's the whole airport food issue. Ugh.

But, all in all, I am really happy with SO many of the choices I made this past week. Like making sure I had fruit every day at the retreat. And getting a value meal at Burger King (airport last night at 9 p.m.) and only eating about SIX - yes, six - fries. And only eating 1/2 of my chicken and dumplings at Cracker Barrel yesterday (and ALL of my green beans). Okay, I could have chosen to eat salad at both of those last two places, but I know I would have felt deprived. And at the retreat, I totally made sure I only ate when I was hungry (except for when I caught myself eating pretzels unconsciously, as mentioned before, and then I STOPPED!) and I did REALLY well at eating small portions. I ate some greasy, lovely food. YUM. But, so, I knew I would probably not have a loss this week. (I only pretty much have to LOOK at certain foods and I'll gain weight!). But overall, I'm really really proud of myself.

And today is a new day. I will not and do not feel guilty. I knew it would be hard going in and I made some choices ahead of time. I feel like I stuck with them. So. I'm feeling all full of motivation and love and rest and I'm rarin' to go. I'm even going to start incorporating some exercise in today. If it kills me. Which, it won't.

1 comment: