Thursday, January 8, 2009

(Click on image to make larger). That's a divider from my journal. I'm using one I got at Target. It's made by Mead. I only say that b'cause it's a pretty cool binder. It has 5 divider pages and 2 of them have these cool see-through envelopes on there and you can slip a paper behind the envelope and into the corner, as I have done, above. I used that paper and some labels to put together a collection of my goals for the year. I've really tried to keep them all very measureable. I find goals like "be nicer" or "eat healthier" not only too vague, but it's really hard to know when you've actually accomplished them. And I DO plan on rewarding myself when I accomplish my goals.

Another thing. These are lifetime goals. I don't plan on doing them for just a little while. I don't plan on doing them just until I've - I don't know - lost all the weight? No. Because "losing all the weight" really isn't my goal. My goal is to change my lifestyle. And what will happen will happen. If I'm repeating myself, it's so that I learn to get it!

And one last thing about those goals. They're goals. They're what I'm reaching for. I don't expect myself to, say, walk 5 times a week next week. But by the end of, like June, I certainly should be. Some of those goals need to be taken in baby steps. (no pun intended.)

I'm doing GREAT with the food and the reading and the water today! I knew I wouldn't be able to walk today. My toe still has a ways to go before it can get comfortably into my sneakers. But the food is going great! And speaking of which. I'm starving. I have NOT had dinner yet. (My computer is sick and I'm preparing it to take to the hospital tomorrow...) So I'm off to eat. NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I love the clear envelope/pocket and that your flashcards are in there. Do you have something written on them? I'm envisioning goals/motivational thoughts etc.

    ReplyDelete