Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dang. It's been another really difficult day. First of all, my computer is going crazy - freezing up - and I have to keep re-booting. And I've had to spend some time trying to figure out what in the heckfire is going on. There's hardly a thing I can think of that I hate more than having my computer mess up. But - at least I can work at it and save things when it's behaving. But I'm afraid it will have to go to the hospital Friday, so I may be unable to post as much.

I've also been working on finishing up setting my goals and finishing my journal and NOW I feel ready - really ready - to begin. Yes, I am one of those people that must have all my ducks in a row before I start stuff. But now I'm ready.

Another thing that delayed the process is the angst we're feeling around here because my darling newlywed son and his wife and just having some major struggles. This is something that Chris and I could foresee. We counseled them to wait to get married. But, no surprise, they didn't listen and their lives are turning upside-down. AND they're pregnant. So my son spent last night - and is spending tonight - here with us. I guess it's a sign of the times that the only way they are communicating right now is via texting. But at least they ARE communicating. I didn't go to bed until 3 a.m. last night (I mean this morning) and I know it's just because I have ALL this stuff on my mind. The LY'09 stuff, the computer stuff, and their stuff. Oh, and I had some of my own miscellaneous stuff before all that, too.

We had an ice storm today. Our driveway is again a sheet of ice. I guess I'm going to have to implement a "Plan B" for when I'm not going to be able to go out and walk - my preferred form of exercise. I like yoga, but that's not aerobic or muscle-building. I like lifting weights. I'll have to think about that one. But, I have to say, my broken toe is not sneaker ready, anyway. I think it's getting there. I can get around pretty well around the house - in my slippers! :)

Here's my report for the day, since I haven't started it in my journal yet:

Water: I've probably had about 1-1/2 16 oz. bottles. Not good. TOMORROW I'm ready to start concentrating on that.

Breakfast: exact same as yesterday - two cups of coffee with a creamer each and a scant spoonful of sugar; two whole wheat cinnamon toast with a tsp. of butter each and a skim milk string cheese stick.

Lunch: Huh? Lunch?

Dinner: Okay, at around 6:30 p.m. I had a Marie Callendar's Chicken Pot Pie. Well, at least it had vegetables in it.

Snack: I just had about 3/4 cup of cottage cheese and a granny smith apple, skinned. (They were a little old - just a little. Nothing removing the skin didn't take care of.)

TOMORROW I am ready to really focus on putting my feet down on the yellow brick road.

Here's the Daily Food Diary I made. I tried to find a suitable one online and couldn't really - and kept getting frozen up anyway, so made my own. At least I could save it every 3 seconds. Anyway, here it is:

Feel free to right-click on the image and copy and print.

Oh! And I added a playlist on the left margin. I got that song idea from a SISter and I thought it would be cool to add songs that are inspiring, relevant, whatever. And I'm open for suggestions.

So - no 5 a.m. for me tonight. I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment