Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Weigh-in

Today's Weigh-in: - 3 pounds!
Total Loss: 8 pounds!

Okay! I'm happy with this! Especially considering I lost a total of 9 pounds in all of last year. That's kind of where my body settled after making a few (half-hearted, I now realize) changes. So, to be able to lose 8 pounds in 3 weeks is very encouraging. It hasn't been hard. It's just been a matter of focus and keeping motivated.

Today - in just a minute, in fact - I'm going to actually start with the exercising again! This is huge for me. I can't walk outside right now - which is what I really want to do. But I have a ton of videos. I went through them the other day and there is stuff there that I know I can do. At least I can work up to doing them. I'm going to continue to be kind to myself and not push myself to the point of where I'll never want to do it again. At this point I realize that SOME activity is better than NO activity and I just want to get started. Even if I can do 10 minutes worth, that will be a good start for me. I'm going to alternate strength training/core and balance training with aerobic training. So, one day I'll do weight lifting, the next something aerobic, the next yoga, the next aerobic and the next pilates and so on. Yes, I have an ARESENAL of videos!

Soooo - off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment