Monday, January 12, 2009

One Week Down

I had a really good week!

I feel like I'm making some positive changes and, Lord knows why, but it's coming from a place of "I want to" rather than "I have to". ("Have to", as in pressure from without rather than from within.) And that has made my week relatively easy. Also, I'm not being like a nazi with myself. One benefit of being my age is that I feel like I really know by now what I need - and what I need to avoid. For instance - we went out to eat Friday night. And I decided to order what I really wanted. BUT - I asked for a "to go" box right away and immediately put 1/2 in there so I wouldn't eat any more than that. AND I chose (without much pain at all) to NOT have any of the bread offered. And no dessert. And I felt completely satisfied and not at all deprived afterwards. And I feel good about myself because I feel that I made responsible choices.

My computer is in the hospital. Chris took it in on Friday and he called the place this a.m. and they couldn't say when it would be ready to come home. Oy. That means my online activity will be greatly reduced since Chris will be taking this laptop that I'm presently on to work with him on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And I'm out of town next Friday-Monday. HOPEFULLY I will come home to a healed computer happily awaiting my use. Because I find it ever so much easier to journal this way than to write it out by hand.

I made a decision to take weekly photos of myself last week. But this week, I've decided to make those photos MUCH more revealing of what lies under those baggy clothes. I will still take a fully clothed pic once a month. But on the in-between weeks, I'm going to take photos weekly in my skivvies. Wow. It's hard to fathom that there will be such photos in existance. I'll have to hide them on my computer under something called "Jan's favorite chick flicks" or something similar that Chris will never want to open. (Kinda like putting your chocolate stash in the fridge in a container labeled "spinach".) I will NEVER EVER post them on here - until, of course, I start lookin' like a hot gramma. :) I probably won't even print them out at all, but just store them in a private area for my eyes only. But - my point is - I will be much better able to not only be reminded of what I do NOT want to look like, but of how well I am doing. Because it will show up eventually.

And that brings me to
today's weigh-in.
I lost 6 lbs. this week.
YAY! Now, I fully realize that I have a whole lot of weight to lose (at least 100 lbs.), and that most of that is probably water loss. But still. The loss encourages me to keep going.

But I do want to say that I do NOT consider those numbers to be the only gauge of the success of my week. There is so much more involved. I want to try not to focus on the numbers too too much. I want to focus on the REAL end result, which is to BE A GOOD STEWARD of my body.

Tomorrow or Wednesday, I will post my "official" goals and my personal contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment